How can I check in for a Turkish Airlines flight?
From the following options, you may choose how you want to check in for a Turkish Airlines flight and to obtain your boarding pass, or, if available, Mobile Boarding Pass:
- Online Check-in.
- Mobile Check-in.
- Self Check-in.
- Counter Check-in.
What are the deadlines for Counter Check-in?
Check-in time at the Turkish Airlines counters is 2 hours before scheduled departure for international flights, and for domestic flights 1 hour before scheduled departure. Check-in counters close 60 minutes before departure for international flights, and for domestic flights 45 minutes before departure.
You must ensure that, before the check-in deadline for your flight, you are in possession of a boarding pass and have checked your baggage. You can inform a member of Turkish Airlines’ staff if you are waiting in line, but you are expecting that you will arrive too late to check in.
All passengers with a ticketed reservation can check in online for domestic and international flights between 24 hours and 90 minutes before departure time. Online Check-in can be used when the first flight of the itinerary is operated by Turkish Airlines. Online Check-in offers passengers the option to:
- Check in for all Online Check-in eligible flights listed on this screen:
- Through Check-in – when your Turkish Airlines flight is followed by a codeshare flight, you might be able to check in through to your final destination, in accordance with automatic Through Check-in regulations, but online boarding passes will be issued at the counter.
- Return Check-in – if the return flight is on the same day and has been confirmed.
- Check in up to 10 passengers at once.
- Choose seats (including for connecting flights). Passengers with seats that have been pre-selected during the reservation process but will not be able to choose other seats during the check-in process.
- Change seats for checked passengers. Passengers who have already printed their online boarding passes will not be able to change their seats.
- Add the Miles & Smiles card info.
Passengers with electronic tickets who have checked in online for flights departing from eligible airports are able to print their Online Boarding Passes on their own personal computers. If the ticket is paid by a credit card and the card holder is someone other than the passenger, the system will not allow boarding passes to be printed unless the credit card holder has confirmed the use of the card at a Turkish Airlines sales office. Where special security info is required, online boarding passes cannot be printed until the mandatory fields are filled out. If available, the Mobile Boarding Pass can be requested by filling the telephone fields which are under the ‘PRINT’ button.
There are a few airports (Abu Dhabi, Algiers, Bahrain, Beijing, Casablanca, Dubai, Hong Kong, Houston, London – Stansted, Los Angeles, Moscow – Vnukovo, Shanghai – Pudong, Tokyo – Narita, Toronto, Washington Dc – Dulles, etc.) that do not allow for Online Boarding Passes to be printed at home. In such case, the boarding pass will be issued at the Online Check-in Counter, or, where not available, at a Business Class counter (except Singapore).
You will not be asked to register baggage during the Online Check-in process. When traveling without checked baggage, you can proceed directly to the boarding gate if you have printed the Online Boarding Pass. Baggage must be checked at a Bag Drop or Online Check-in counter before the check-in closing time. If case, additional time should be taken into consideration for payment of excess baggage fees, as well as for special security control when departing from airports that require it.
Checking-in from a mobile phone is available by using Turkish Airlines’ Blackberry, iPhone and Java apps, or by accessing the mobile version of the website, mobil.thy.com. When using Online or Mobile Check-in, passengers can request and use a Mobile Boarding Pass at many airports.
Kiosk machines can be used only by passengers with electronic tickets in order to complete the check-in process at the airport between 12 hours and 45 minutes before departure time for domestic flights, or 60 minutes before departure time for international flights. With Self Check-in, you are not only going to be able to select your seat selection and complete the check-in process for yourself, but also for up to 10 passengers in the same reservation record. At the kiosk machine, passengers, with or without baggage, will be able to make Through Check-in till the last destination, while Return Check-in will be available only for passengers traveling without checked baggage. Kiosk machines are available at the following airports:
- In domestic terminals: Istanbul (Ataturk and Sabiha Gokcen), Adana, Antalya – Antalya Airport, Ankara, Gaziantep, Izmir, Kayseri, Konya, Muğla (Milas/Bodrum and Dalaman), Samsun, Trabzon.
- In international terminals: Aalborg, Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Billund, Birmingham, Bucharest, Budapest, Cape Town, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Kiev, Kuala Lumpur, Lisbon, London – Heathrow, Lviv, Madrid, Manchester, Moscow, Nice, Nuremberg, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Shanghai, Sofia, St.Petersburg, Stuttgart, Stockholm, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich.
For Turkish Airlines flights, boarding gates close no later than 25 minutes before departure for flights requiring special security control (e.g., the US, Canada, Israel, the United Kingdom, etc.) and 15 minutes before departure for all other flights, domestic and international. You should take into consideration that, in some airports, it can often take up to 25 minutes to reach the gate from the departure area.