What is the hand baggage allowance on VIM Airlines flights?
The hand baggage allowance on VIM Airlines flights depends on the travel class:
- 1 carry-on bag in Economy Class.
- 2 carry-on bags in Business / Improved Economy Class.
Each carry-on bag must not exceed the maximum weight of 5 kg and maximum dimensions of 55 x 40 x 20 cm. In addition, you may take into the passenger cabin, free of charge, the following items: a handbag or briefcase, folder for papers, publications to read in-flight, laptop, photo/video camera, baby food and a baby bassinet, a bouquet of flowers, outerwear, umbrella, walking stick, folding wheelchair or crutches (if such items are necessary to the passenger).
What is the free baggage allowance on VIM Airlines flights?
The free baggage allowance on VIM Airlines flights depends on the travel class:
- Economy Class – 20 kg, including 5 kg of carry-on baggage.
- Business / Improved Economy Class – 30 kg, including 10 kg of carry-on baggage.
In addition to the free baggage allowance, each passenger is entitled to free transportation of one set of ski/snowboard equipment with a total weight not exceeding 15 kg. Ski/snowboard equipment must be checked in at the oversized baggage desk.
The free baggage allowance does not apply to:
- Oversized baggage – any piece of baggage that exceeds 203 cm (the sum of the three dimensions).
- Overweight baggage – any piece of baggage that exceeds 32 kg.
- Animals, except for guide dogs assisting a blind/deaf passenger.
You should notify VIM Airlines in advance (at the time of booking a seat or purchasing the ticket) about the weight and number of pieces of excess baggage and pay for its carriage. Excess baggage will be charged at the rate applicable on the day of payment. The weight of a piece of excess baggage should not exceed 30-32 kg. Baggage weighing over 50 kg must be checked in as freight.
If you intend to transport oversized and/or overweight baggage, you should inform VIM Airlines about it when booking a seat or buying an air ticket. Oversized and overweight baggage is accepted subject to prior agreement with VIM Airlines. Oversized and overweight baggage may include sports equipment, bicycles, musical instruments, non-folding baby carriages, wheelchairs, etc.