How can I check in for a Copa Airlines flight?
When traveling on a Copa Airlines flight, passengers can choose from several options to check in before or after arriving at the airport:
- Counter Check-in
- Web Check-in.
- Mobile Check-in.
- Web Podiums Check-in.
How early prior to the flight’s departure do I need to be at the check-in counter?
Passengers arriving at the airport early must ensure adequate time for security processing and baggage handling before the departure of the flight. Every passenger must be at the Copa Airlines counter:
- At least 3 hours prior to the flight’s scheduled departure for international flights (4 hours before departure for flights from Venezuela).
- At least 1 hour before scheduled departure time for domestic flights within Colombia and Panama. On holiday seasons or when special requirements are needed (traveling with pets, as Unaccompanied Minors, or needing special assistance), passengers must be at the airport at least 90 minutes before the flight’s scheduled departure for domestic flights within Colombia.
Copa Airlines check-in counters close 60 minutes before scheduled departure, except for flights departing from Venezuela: Caracas – 2 hours before departure, Valencia and Maracaibo – 1 hour and 30 minutes before departure.
Copa Airlines Web Check-in
Web Check-in allows passengers to print their boarding pass before arriving at the airport from 24 hours up to 1 hour before departure. Remember that you need the reservation number, electronic ticket number or ConnectMiles number and your passport on hand, and your printer ready.
The Web Check-in service is not available for passengers:
- That have an outstanding payment due to a change of reservation.
- Itineraries or flights that have connections with other airlines that are not either Copa Airlines or Copa Airlines Colombia.
- Traveling with infants or as Unaccompanied Minors.
- Traveling as part of a group of 10 or more passengers on the same reservation.
- Traveling with pets.
- Traveling with paper tickets.
With Web check-in you can select your seat and print your boarding pass.
If you are traveling with baggage and have already done the Web Check-in process, you must arrive at the check-in desk at least 90 minutes before the flight’s departure, in order to check the baggage. For international flights, if you don’t have any baggage to check, and have already checked in, you must arrive at the boarding gate 45 minutes before the flight departure. For domestic flights, passengers must present their documents at the boarding gate half an hour before the flight departure.
Copa Airlines Mobile Check-in
Passengers that use the Mobile Check-in service get the same benefits as those passengers that use Web Check-in.
Mobile Boarding Pass
Mobile Check-in is available in all the cities where Copa Airlines operates. You can check in by going to copa.com on your mobile device or using the Copa Airlines app and receive your boarding pass for any Copa Airlines destinations.
Passengers can use their Mobile Boarding Passes to carry out the whole process of security, immigration and boarding without the need to print a boarding pass if the local authorities allow that. Where immigration and security cannot be carried out using a Mobile Boarding Pass, passengers must go to the Web Check-in counter at the airport to print out the boarding pass.
Web Podium Check-in
The Web Podiums allow passengers to check in, buy tickets, view flight information, and even reserve seats via the web. The self-service check-in podiums are situated in different hotels in Panama: Hotel Crowne Plaza, Radisson Decapolis Hotel, Hotel El Panama, Royal Decameron Golf Beach Resort & Villas, Continental Hotel & Casino, Playa Bonita Resort & Spa InterContinental, Holiday Inn Clayton.