How can I check in for an Air Mauritius flight?
In addition to check-in counters at the airport, Air Mauritius offers a convenient service that allows you to check-in from any location and choose your seat – Internet Check-in.
When must I check in at the latest at the check-in counter?
At international airports, Air Mauritius recommends that you check in at the counter at least 3 hours before your departure time. The check-in deadlines for Air Mauritius flights are:
- Domestic flights – 1 hour before departure.
- International flights – 2 hours before departure.
With Internet Check-in, you may select your seat and print out your boarding pass at your convenience anytime from 30 hours up to 2 hours before departure (up to 4 hours before departure from Mumbai). If the reservation includes a return flight within 24 hours from the time of the departure flight, you are offered the opportunity to check in for your return flight as well. If your journey consists of 2 or more flights, you may be offered the opportunity of Through Check-in (check-in for the onward flights provided that those flights are already open for online check-in in the respective airline system).
Internet Check-in is available to all passengers with an e-ticket with the following exceptions:
- Passengers with group reservations of 10 or more persons.
- Passengers who travel with a baby younger than 2 years (infant) and have requested a baby cot.
- Passengers who require any special assistance (e.g. Unaccompanied Minors service, wheelchair).
Internet Check-in is available for flights operated by Air Mauritius or Air France departing from:
|♦ Mauritius* (all flights except to Dubai)||♦ Durban||♦ London – Heathrow|
|♦ Rodrigues||♦ Dar Es Salaam||♦ Mumbai**|
|♦ Antananarivo*||♦ Delhi||♦ Nairobi|
|♦ Reunion||♦ Geneva||♦ Paris – Charles de Gaulle|
|♦ Hong Kong||♦ Perth|
|♦ Amsterdam||♦ Johannesburg||♦ Shanghai**|
|♦ Cape Town||♦ Kuala Lumpur**||♦ Singapore**|
|*Additional procedures may be required at the airport counter.|
|**Boarding pass must be collected at the check-in counter.|
Internet Check-in is also available for flights operated by Air France departing from Mauritius and Paris.
After checking-in and printing out the boarding pass, passengers traveling with checked baggage must go to the Air Mauritius baggage drop-off point at the airport 1 hour before departure for domestic flights and 2 hours before departure for international flights. Passengers traveling with hand baggage only may proceed directly to the gate. Passengers who have not printed their boarding passes need to go to the check-in counters to collect them.
As exceptions, passengers need to complete additional procedures when departing from the following airports:
- Antananarivo airport – all passengers need to collect boarding passes at airport counters even if they have a printed boarding pass.
- Mauritius airport – all passengers, with or without checked baggage, must report to the dedicated Airport e-Services Check-In Counter at least 1 hour before departure for inter-island flights (Reunion and Rodrigues) and at least 2 hours before departure for international flights.
- Mumbai, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai airports – the boarding pass will not be issued online, and passengers need to collect their boarding passes issued at the check-in counter.
Mobile Boarding Pass
Mobile Boarding Pass is available for flights departing from Mauritius, Reunion, Paris, London – Heathrow, Amsterdam, Geneva, and South Africa.
When checking in on a mobile device, you can view and capture a screenshot of your Mobile Boarding Pass and save it on your mobile. You are required to show the Mobile Boarding Pass at the baggage drop-off counter, Immigration and Security checkpoints and boarding gate.